Information for Landlords

What sort of service are you looking for? Are you a first-time Landlord or do you have portfolio of properties? Whatever your needs we can tailor service to accommodate.

We currently offer the following services:-

Full Property Management
Initial once-only setting up fee
£90.00 including VAT

Commission 11% + VAT
(based on monthly rent collection)

Rent Collection Services
Initial once-only setting up fee
£90.00 including VAT

Commission 8% + VAT
(based on monthly rent collection)

Tenant Find Only Services
Tenant find only fee
£300.00 including VAT

Frequentky Asked Questions

Where do I start? Should I be considering letting my property?
Parker Properties will be more than happy to visit your property to give a free professional valuation of your property, which will reflect the current market values for your area. They will also advise you on the legal requirements for letting your property.

What are the benefits of choosing an arla registered managing agent?
As a member of ARLA we are able to advise Landlords and Tenants of all legal aspects of letting your property ARLA gives you assurance that the Agent you are dealing with offers a professional, regulated service with an effective complaint system. The ARLA bonding scheme protects landlords and tenants funds. Members of ARLA follow a strict code of practice, which is beneficial to both landlords and tenants.

How will my property be marketed?
Your property will be advertised on our website which is updated daily, this is linked to the Right-Move website giving your property further advertising coverage. Also, your property will be advertised in local newspapers, and will be displayed in our town centre office. On receiving your instruction, we will arrange for a to let board to be erected at the front of your property. Your property will also be advertised through local networking with many local, national and international companies.

Before I let my property what do I need to do?
Before a property is let the following regulations need to met:-
EPC - Each property being placed on the market has to provide an Energy Performance Certificate prior to the property being shown to prospective tenants
Gas Safety Certificate - Under the Gas Safety Regulations 1998 all gas appliances in property have to be serviced and annually certified by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. A valid certificate must be given to tenants prior to occupation
Fire & Furnishings Regulations 1988 - If you are leaving any furniture at the property they must show a tag confirming that they conform to the aforementioned regulations
Electrical checks - although this is not currently a legal requirement, we strong recommend that you have all electrical systems and appliances checked prior to tenant occupation
Smoke detectors - smoke detectors are now mandatory in all rented properties together with Carbon Monoxide detectors (where applicable)

All the above can be arranged by Parker Properties.

The property should be left in a clean and tidy condition. All carpets and curtains should be professionally steam cleaned prior to the tenants occupation. As part of our tenancy agreement we ask that Landlords adhere to this guideline, in order that we ask our tenants to complete this task at the end of their tenancy.

Insurance - You must have a buildings insurance policy with a minimal content insurance cover for letting your property unfurnished. If you are letting your property furnished, you will need both buildings and content insurance.

Will I still need to pay any bills?
The tenant will be responsible for all utility bills (unless negotiated otherwise) including council tax, water rates, gas, electricity and telephone bills. If your property is leasehold and you currently pay management fees and ground rent, you will still be responsible.

Will my property be checked during a tenancy?
If you have a property that is fully managed, Parker Properties will carry out an inspection every three months during the tenancy to ensure the property is being kept to our high standards and to check on any maintenance issues that may arise.

What happens if my property has a maintenance issue?
Should the tenant report a problem at the property, we will endeavour to contact you or your recommended tradesmen in the first instance. If the problem is an emergency and we cannot contact you, we will instruct a recommended tradesperson to visit your property.

What happens when the tenancy expires?
We will write to you at least two months prior to the expiry of the tenancy to ascertain your plans for the property. If you wish to renew the tenancy we will approach the tenant, and provide the relevant legal documentation should they wish to stay. Should they wish to leave, we will re-market the property accordingly.

If you wish to take possession of the property at the end of the tenancy, we will require a minimum of ten weeks notice. We are required to give the tenants a minimum of two months written notice prior to the end of the tenancy. All relevant paperwork to gain possession will be submitted to the tenant by Parker Properties.

At the end of the tenancy what will happen?
On the day that the tenant is handing keys back, a Property Inspector will visit the property to check the contents against the original signed Inventory & Schedule of Condition.

ARLA  The Property Ombudsman   The Dispute Service   Privacy Policy

Parker Properties

The Annexe, The Old Courthouse,

Priory Road, St Ives, Huntingdon,

Cambs, PE27 5BB


F:01480 301453