Information for Tenants

As a member of ARLA, we can offer tenants reassurance and security both in your tenancy and in the knowledge that your money is safe. We are fully bonded ensuring that all your rent and deposit monies are safeguarded at all time. We are also a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (run by The Dispute Service) which provides a dispute resolution service in the case of any discrepancies at the end of your tenancy.

Property Search

Min Value:
Max Value:
Min Beds:

Listed below are a few questions that are asked when renting a property. Please feel free to contact us should you have any other questions.

I have found a property I would like to rent - what happens next?
You will need to complete an application form, either online or paper copy, and pay a holding administration fee (currently £200.00) in order to hold the property and cover all referencing costs etc. This fee is non-refundable.

What references will be required?
If you are in full time employment we will contact your employer. If you are paying your rent by other means, please contact us to discuss what references will be required. In all cases, a credit check will be carried out on each applicant via Letsure. We will also require a Landlord or Agent reference is you are currently renting a property.

What sort of agreement will I be entering into?
Most tenancies are prepared as Assured Shorthold Tenancies. These are generally done six months at a time, in some cases we may be able to offer shorter or longer lets (if required). Please remember that you will be entering into a legally binding contract, and as such will be responsible for the rent for the duration agreed.

How much will I need to pay before I move in?
Before you move into a property, you will immediately pay the administration fee to carry out the references. On or before the time you collect the keys, you will need to pay a months’ rent in advance, and a deposit (usually a month and a halfs’ rent).

What happens to my deposit?
As we are members of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (administered by The Dispute Service) we will hold your deposit in a designated account and your deposit will be registered with the scheme within fourteen days. A copy of this certificate will be forwarded to you. No interest will be accumulated.

If I have a problem during the tenancy who should I call?
If your property is fully managed (you will be advised if it isn’t), you should call our 24 hour emergency contact line. If your problem is not of an urgent nature, we would ask that you call us during normal office hours.

What should I do at the end of a tenancy?
At least one month prior to the end of our tenancy we will write to you to advise your landlords plans for the property. If he is happy for you to stay, we will forward the relevant paperwork. If he wants the property back we must give you a minimum of two months written notice. If you wish to leave you must give us a minimum of thirty days notice (this is sometimes different and you should always check your contract).

Will my property be checked at the end of the tenancy?
Yes, on the day you wish to hand back the keys, a member of staff will visit the property at a mutually convenient time to check the Inventory and Schedule of Condition and identify any dilapidations that may have occurred.

ARLA  The Property Ombudsman   The Dispute Service   Privacy Policy

Parker Properties

The Annexe, The Old Courthouse,

Priory Road, St Ives, Huntingdon,

Cambs, PE27 5BB


F:01480 301453